Juliana Joplin 2 Carbon CC X01/ENVE Kit - DEMO
THE MAIN IMAGE IS FOR ILLUSTRATION PURPOSES ONLY - SPECS MAY VARY
Part endurance racer, part rowdy trail bike—the Joplin is ridiculously fun. The original model redefined what people thought a 29er could be. This latest version breaks the mold all over again.
Conventional wisdom always held that a big-wheel bike like this was good for one thing—covering lots of ground quickly. Juliana have never had much use for conventional wisdom. Yes, the Joplin is a fine cross-country/endurance machine. With its light-yet-stiff carbon frame, efficient VPP® rear suspension, and 29-inch wheel option, this bike can be an absolute race weapon—but the Joplin is more than that.
The Joplin has always been, to reduce this thing to a single word, fun. As in the uncontrollable-giggling-spontaneous-high-fiving kind of fun. They cranked the knob on that particular trait to 11 this year with a ground-up redesign that increases the bike’s composure on descents, adds a bit more small-bump suppleness to the mix and improves its handling in tight turns.
The new Joplin also gives you the option of running either 29er or 27.5+ wheels. If you’re looking for quick acceleration and a nimble feel, go 29er. If you’re wanting extra traction and a more forgiving ride over roots and babyhead rocks, go 27.5+. It’s your choice.
Is the Joplin a cross-country racer? Sure. A trail bike? Absolutely. Is it fun? Oh, hell yes.
- FRAME MATERIAL - Carbon CC
- FORK - Fox 34 Float Performance Elite
- SHOCK - Fox Float Performance Elite
- Rear Dérailleur - SRAM X01
- Shifters - Sram X01 1x11
- Crankset - Race Face Turbine; 30t
- Bottom Bracket - Included w/ crankset
- Cassette - Sram XG1180, 11sp, 10-42
- Chain - SRAM PC-1130
- Brakes - SRAM Level TLM w/180mm Avid Centerline Rotors
- Headset - Cane Creek 40; Integrated
- Bars - Santa Cruz Carbon Flat Bar; 31.8x780mm
- Stem - Raceface Turbine Basic
- Grips - Juliana single sided lock-on
- Front Hub - Industry Nine Torch 110x15
- Rear Hub - Industry Nine Torch 148x12
- Rims - m60/40 ENVE Rims
- Spokes - DT Swiss Competition
- Front Tire - Maxxis Minion DHF Exo 3c; 29x2.3
- Rear Tire - Maxxis Ardent Race Exo; 29x2.35
- Tubes - Stans Sealant
- Seat Post - Rockshox Reverb Stealth, 150mm travel (125mm travel on size small)
- Saddle - Juliana Primeiro Saddle
- Custom ‘light’ suspension tune for a plusher feel
- Low standover height for better maneuverability
- 148mm Rear Hub Spacing
- Accepts both 29er and 27.5+ wheel/tire combos
- Juliana anatomical women's saddle
- 73mm Threaded Bottom Bracket
- Collet axle pivots - lock in place without pinch bolts
- Double sealed pivots with grease ports for low maintenance
- Full carbon frame and swingarm