Juliana Joplin CC Full Suspension Frame
Part endurance racer, part rowdy trail bike—the Joplin is ridiculously fun. The original model redefined what people thought a 29er could be. This latest version breaks the mold all over again.
Conventional wisdom always held that a big-wheel bike like this was good for one thing—covering lots of ground quickly. Juliana have never had much use for conventional wisdom. Yes, the Joplin is a fine cross-country/endurance machine. With its light-yet-stiff carbon frame, efficient VPP® rear suspension, and 29-inch wheel option, this bike can be an absolute race weapon—but the Joplin is more than that.
The Joplin has always been, to reduce this thing to a single word, fun. As in the uncontrollable-giggling-spontaneous-high-fiving kind of fun. They cranked the knob on that particular trait to 11 this year with a ground-up redesign that increases the bike’s composure on descents, adds a bit more small-bump suppleness to the mix and improves its handling in tight turns.
The new Joplin also gives you the option of running either 29er or 27.5+ wheels. If you’re looking for quick acceleration and a nimble feel, go 29er. If you’re wanting extra traction and a more forgiving ride over roots and babyhead rocks, go 27.5+. It’s your choice.
Is the Joplin a cross-country racer? Sure. A trail bike? Absolutely. Is it fun? Oh, hell yes.
- Custom ‘light’ suspension tune for a plusher feel
- Low standover height for better maneuverability
- 148mm Rear Hub Spacing
- Accepts both 29er and 27.5+ wheel/tire combos
- 73mm Threaded Bottom Bracket
- Collet axle pivots - lock in place without pinch bolts
- Double sealed pivots with grease ports for low maintenance
- Full carbon frame and swingarm
- Suspension System - VPP
- Front Derailleur - Direct to Frame
- Headset/Headtube - Integrated (IS41, IS53)
- Seat Post - 31.6mm
- Eye to Eye - 7.25"
- Fork Compatibility - 120mm, 130mm
- BB Shell - Standard
- Max Tire Size - 3.0"
- Water Bottle Mounts - One, Main Triangle