Santa Cruz 5010 AL Full Suspension Frame
5010 is built to serve the most technical backcountry missions.
130mm of VPP® (Virtual Pivot Point) travel produces a shorter chainstay length and lower BB height compared to the 5010’s bigger-travel brethren. This creates a uniquely playful character and an insatiable appetite for negotiating steep, rocky climbs.
And when it’s time to head home, playtime becomes a riot. The new 5010 has a 67-degree head tube angle, more aggressive than before, and the longer top tube welcomes the use of shorter stems for more precise handling and greater confidence on rapid descents. The 5010 also shares all the latest VPP® hardware with the new Bronson. The top-tube-mounted, box-section upper link is a leap forward in durability and stiffness, and the lower link rests cleanly out of the way, dramatically improving clearance and minimizing rock strikes.
Bike choice can be a numbers game, but if your game is conquering epic trails then 5010 is the only number you need know.
This alloy version of the 5010 differs just slightly from its carbon brethren: we opted against including ISCG tabs, as one-by drivetrains have rendered them mostly unnecessary, and we've made the switch to an integrated headset like you'll find on the Hightower and Tallboy. These decisions shaved a bit of weight from the frame, which otherwise includes all the features you'll find on our C and CC-level carbon frames, but in an attractive, strong, aluminum package.
- 130mm VPP™ suspension
- 148mm Rear Axle Spacing
- 27.5" wheels
- Angular contact bearings maximize stiffness
- Bottle cage mount within front triangle fits piggyback shocks
- Collet axle pivots lock in place without pinch bolts
- Double sealed pivots for long bearing life
- Dual grease ports on lower link for easy maintenance
- Forged upper and lower links
- Molded rubber swingarm and downtube protection
- Stealth and external seatpost cable routing
- Threaded Bottom Bracket
- Shock: Fox Float Performance
- Suspension System: VPPTM
- Front Derailleur: Direct to Frame
- Headset/Headtube: mixed taper 1.5" Lower, 1'1/8" upper
- Seat Post: 31.6mm
- Seat Clamp: 36.4mm
- Eye to Eye length: 200mm
- Fork Compatibility: 120-140mm
- BB Shell: Standard
- Max Tire Size: 2.5"
- Brake Types: disc
- Water Bottle Mounts: 2x bottle cage mounts