Santa Cruz 5010 AL - R+ Kit - 2019
The thrasher's all-terrain play machine.
The 5010 is the most fun you can have on two off-road wheels, and Danny MacAskill’s wee bike of choice. Turning trails into pumptracks and logs into launches this bike begs to spend as much time above the ground as on it.
A laser sharp, agile trail whip that turns on a dime and loves to pop and play. The 130mm-travel 5010 sports short chainstays and a low BB for a uniquely playful character and an insatiable appetite for negotiating steep, technical climbs. When it’s time to descend, the bike’s 66.2/66.5-degree head tube angle (adjusted via flip chip) and generous reach/short stem combo equate to precise, confident handling.
This short-travel pocket rocket is packaged to be fast and nimble yet tough enough to take a beating. From dirt to rocky tech, 4X to BMX, this bike doesn’t give a XXXX what you do with it.
The 5010’s balance and poise takes riders from uncertain neophyte to fledging flyboy. While some bikes are good at going up and down the 5010 is a bike that’s great at going up, down, left, right, triangle, square, up, up, up and away!
The upper-link driven shock VPP suspension is configured to be sharp and responsive. A firm beginning stroke makes for a responsive, snappy pedaling and provides support for small bump, bump-jump playfulness, while the progressive curve offers the bottom-out resistance to make it feel like there’s a lot more travel than there actually is.
There’s also more than enough tire clearance to run just about any size tire. We spec a variety of tire/rim combos, including 2.6-inch tires on Reserve 37 rims because we feel it’s the sweet spot of rock crawling traction and sportiness, but there’s room to run 2.8-inch tires if that’s your thing.
It’s considered the deep cut in the Santa Cruz range by the riders, like Danny MacAskill, who really know. While people busily overbike, 5010 owners get to the source. It’s the thrasher’s tool.
- 130mm rear travel
- VPP suspension system
- 27.5" or 27.5"+ wheel size
- Single-ring specific frame design
- 148mm rear spacing
- Lifetime frame and pivot bearing warranty
- Threaded bottom bracket
- One water bottle mount inside main triangle, One underneath the downtube
- Integrated headset
- Internal cable routing
- Weight: 15.13kg / 33.36lbs
- Wheel Size: 27.5+
- Fork: Fox Rhythm 34 27.5
- Shock: FOX Float Performance DPS
- Rear Deraileur: SRAM NX Eagle
- Shifters: SRAM NX Eagle
- Crankset: SRAM NX Eagle 148 DUB, 32t - 170mm (XS,S), 175mm (M-XL)
- Cassete: SRAM PG1230 11-50t
- Chain: SRAM NX Eagle
- Brakes: SRAM Guide T
- Brake Rotors: Avid Centerline 180mm
- Headset: Cane Creek 10 IS Integrated Headset
- Bars: Race Face Ride 35x760 bar
- Stem: Race Face Ride 50mm
- Grips: Santa Cruz Palmdale Grips
- Front Hub: SRAM MTH 716, 15x110, 32h
- Rear Hub: SRAM MTH 746, 12x148, 32h
- Rims: WTB ST i25 TCS 27.5
- Spokes: DT Competition (32)
- Front Tire: Maxxis Minion 27.5"x2.6" DC EXO TR
- Rear Tire: Maxxis Rekon 27.5"x2.3" DC EXO TR
- Tubes: Stans Sealant 2oz
- Seat Post: Race Face Aeffect, 31.6
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Comp