Santa Cruz Bronson AL - S Kit - 2019
The leader of the Rat pack
Ridden by Ratboy since the day it was born, the Bronson has the biggest personality in our range. From flat out on the trail to fully flat over a table, each new generation redefines expectations of what a 150mm bike can do.
The new lower-link mounted shock configuration opens up greater possibilities for maximum bump performance, a supportive mid-stroke, and a barely detectable bottom out. It’s like our most capable all-around bike just had a set of afterburners bolted on.
With 150mm of VPP travel on 27.5-inch wheels, the Bronson continually rides the sharp edge between agility and stability. Ideal for negotiating tech-gnar one moment and fast flowing terrain the next, the 160mm fork travel and 65-degree head angle ensure handling remains refined. Meanwhile, the redesigned, one-piece swingarm keeps the rear wheel tracking on point however twisted you get.
There’s plenty of room to run up to 2.8-inch tires on plus rims. We offer build kit options for “regular” 27.5 and Plus using 2.6 tires. It feels like the sorta big is the sweet spot between the Velcro-like traction of plus tires and the traditional feel of a supportive casing on standard-width tires.
Its versatility makes it the go-to choice for those seeking a skeleton key bike to unlock unfamiliar trails with ease.
- 150mm rear travel
- VPP suspension system
- 27.5" or 27.5"+ wheel size
- Single-ring specific frame design
- 148mm rear spacing
- Lifetime frame and pivot bearing warranty
- Threaded bottom bracket
- One water bottle mount inside main triangle
- Integrated headset
- Internal cable routing
- Weight: 14.99kg / 33.05lbs
- Material: Aluminium
- Wheel Size: 27.5
- Fork: FOX 36 Float Performance, 160, 27.5"
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe R
- Rear Deraileur: SRAM GX Eagle
- Shifters: SRAM GX Eagle
- Crankset: SRAM Stylo 7k 148 DUB, 32t - 170mm (XS-S), 175mm (M-XL)
- Cassete: SRAM XG1275 Eagle 10-50T
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle 12 SPD
- Brakes: SRAM Code R
- Brake Rotors: Avid Centerline, 200mm Front, 180mm Rear
- Headset: Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated Headset
- Bars: Race Face Aeffect R
- Stem: Race Face Ride 50mm
- Grips: Santa Cruz Palmdale Grips
- Front Hub: DT 370 15x110 32H
- Rear Hub: DT 370 12x148 32H
- Rims: Race Face AR Offset 30 27.5" RIms
- Spokes: DT Competition (32)
- Front Tire: Maxxis Minion 27.5x2.50 DHF 3C EXO TR
- Rear Tire: Maxxis Minion 27.5x2.40 DHR II EXO TR
- Tubes: Stans Sealant 2oz
- Seat Post: RockShox Reverb Stealth 31.6
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Pro