Santa Cruz Bronson Carbon - R+ Kit - 2019
The leader of the Rat pack
Ridden by Ratboy since the day it was born, the Bronson has the biggest personality in our range. From flat out on the trail to fully flat over a table, each new generation redefines expectations of what a 150mm bike can do.
The new lower-link mounted shock configuration opens up greater possibilities for maximum bump performance, a supportive mid-stroke, and a barely detectable bottom out. It’s like our most capable all-around bike just had a set of afterburners bolted on.
With 150mm of VPP travel on 27.5-inch wheels, the Bronson continually rides the sharp edge between agility and stability. Ideal for negotiating tech-gnar one moment and fast flowing terrain the next, the 160mm fork travel and 65-degree head angle ensure handling remains refined. Meanwhile, the redesigned, one-piece swingarm keeps the rear wheel tracking on point however twisted you get.
There’s plenty of room to run up to 2.8-inch tires on plus rims. We offer build kit options for “regular” 27.5 and Plus using 2.6 tires. It feels like the sorta big is the sweet spot between the Velcro-like traction of plus tires and the traditional feel of a supportive casing on standard-width tires.
Its versatility makes it the go-to choice for those seeking a skeleton key bike to unlock unfamiliar trails with ease.
- 150mm rear travel
- VPP suspension system
- 27.5" or 27.5"+ wheel size
- Single-ring specific frame design
- 148mm rear spacing
- Lifetime frame and pivot bearing warranty
- Threaded bottom bracket
- One water bottle mount inside main triangle
- Integrated headset
- Internal cable routing
- Weight: 14.53kg / 32.02lbs
- Material: Carbon C
- Wheel Size: 27.5+
- Fork: RockShox Yari MotionControl RC, 160mm, 27.5"
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe R
- Rear Deraileur: SRAM NX Eagle
- Shifters: SRAM NX Eagle
- Crankset: SRAM NX Eagle 148 DUB, 32t - 170mm (XS,S), 175mm (M-XL)
- Cassete: SRAM PG1230 11-50t
- Chain: SRAM NX Eagle
- Brakes: SRAM Guide T
- Brake Rotors: Avid Centerline, 200mm Front, 180mm Rear
- Headset: Cane Creek 10 IS Integrated Headset
- Bars: Race Face Aeffect R
- Stem: Race Face Ride 50mm
- Grips: Santa Cruz Palmdale Grips
- Front Hub: SRAM MTH 716, 15x110, Torque Cap, 32h
- Rear Hub: SRAM MTH 746, 12x148, 32h
- Rims: WTB ST i35 TCS 2.0 27.5" Rims
- Spokes: DT Competition (32)
- Front Tire: Maxxis Minion DHF, 27.5"x2.6", DC EXO TR
- Rear Tire: Maxxis Minion DHR2 27.5"x2.6", 3C EXO TR
- Tubes: Stans Sealant 2oz
- Seat Post: Race Face Aeffect, 31.6
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Race Saddle