Santa Cruz Hightower 29 CC X01 Kit - DEMO
Hightower has the versatility to deal with whatever appears on the horizon. Running either proven 29" wheels or the new monster-truck 27.5”+ standard, Hightower seamlessly adapts to the trails and style you ride, no matter where you are in the world.
So the big question, 27.5+ or 29?
If straight line speed, rallying through rock gardens and sprinting out of turns is your bag, then 29” wheels are the big ticket. Upgrade to carbon rims and you have a precision instrument on your hands.
?When conditions get loose and the traction just ain’t there, you’ll want to reach for bigger tires. 27.5+ elevates Hightower to a whole different level, enabling you to rise above the pow, rail the soft spots and carry momentum where standard tires bog down.
No matter what size you run, geometry remains optimized thanks to a neat little “High/Low” setting on the upper link that flips to adjust bottom bracket height*. Hightower’s 67° head angle, longer reach and trim chain stays combine to create an altogether different class of dreadnought in any configuration. Meanwhile, 150mm of seat dropper, a water bottle mount, and internal routing reflect an armada of killer details.
135mm of VPP® travel is reinforced by a 148 rear axle spacing and the kind of Nomad-style linkage arrangement and swingarm design we reserve for the heaviest hitters in our model line up. The resulting package leaves Hightower standing head and shoulders above anything else out there.
This CC-level carbon frame is every bit as stiff and strong as our C-level frame, but weighs about 230 grams less, due to the use of some lighter, stronger, and more expensive carbon fiber. Using this material in key places allowed us to use less material overall, which is what shaves off half a pound from the frame.
*Please note: 140mm fork comes standard on the 29” kits, and is exchanged for a 150mm version on the 27+ builds to keep the 67° head angle consistent.
Features and Specifications:
- Frame Material: Carbon CC
- Fork: RockShox Pike 29 RCT3 140
- Shock: RockShox Monarch RT3
- Rear Dérailleur: SRAM X01 Eagle
- Shifters: SRAM X01 Eagle
- Chainring Size: 30 Tooth
- Crankset: SRAM X1 Eagle Carbon
- Bottom Bracket: Included w/ crankset
- Cassette: SRAM XG1295; 10-50t
- Chain: SRAM X01 Eagle Powerlock
- Brakes: SRAM Guide RSC
- Brake Rotors: Avid Centerline; 180mm
- Headset: Cane Creek 40 Series, Integrated
- Bars: Santa Cruz Carbon Flat Bar 780mm, 31.8mm Clamp
- Stem: RaceFace Turbine Basic
- Grips: Santa Cruz Palmdale Lock-on
- Front Hub: DT Swiss 350 110x15 Torque Cap
- Rear Hub: DT Swiss 350; 148x12mm
- Rims: Easton ARC 27 Alloy
- Spokes: DT Swiss Competition DB
- Front Tire: Maxxis Minion DHF EXO 3C 29x2.3
- Rear Tire: Maxxis Minion DHR2 TR 29x2.3
- Tubes: Stans Sealant
- Seat Post: RockShox Reverb Stealth 150mm Travel (M-L), 170mm (XL)
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Team
- 135mm (5.3") VPP™ suspension
- 148mm Rear Axle Spacing
- 15mm thru-axle fork
- Bottle cage mount within front triangle fits piggyback shocks
- Double sealed pivots for long bearing life
- Integrated Headset (IS41; IS52)
- Internal carbon tubes ensure precise and hassle-free routing of derailleur and seat post cables
- ISCG-05 tabs for chainguide compatibility
- Threaded Bottom Bracket