Santa Cruz Tallboy AL Full Suspension Frame - 2018
The Tallboy cuts a whole new swath across the trail bike landscape.
As a 27+ bike it revels in the severe. In desert-dry conditions the wider tires float above the dust and find oases of grip where standard tires flounder. And when the monsoon comes, lower tire pressures pull the Tallboy through the slickest of root sections like a Defender on diff-lock. In its 29-inch form, the Tallboy’s renowned rowdy streak comes to the fore. Happy at full gas, up or down hill, the speed and agility of the 29 configuration will have you bagging on e-bikes at every turn.
A 68 degree head angle and 110mm of VPP travel distills the original Tallboy’s playful character into something all the more mischievous. Longer reach and shorter chainstays fuel that personality, and bring the Tallboy bang up to date with the rest of the Santa Cruz range.
A flip chip on the upper link, combined with either a 130mm fork (for 27+) or 120mm fork (for 29-inch), ensures geometry remains consistent across a vast range of build kits and sizes, from S to XXL. The carbon frames run the whole size spectrum, while the aluminum frame goes Small through XL.
The versatile trail bike of choice for rapid riders like Greg Minnaar—the Tallboy is for those who don’t roll with the pack.
Santa Cruz Tallboy 27+ 2018 Geometry and Sizing
- 110mm VPP™ Suspension
- 120mm fork for 29" kits/130mm fork for 27.5+ configurations
- 148mm Rear Axle Spacing
- 27.5 Plus-Compatible
- Bottle cage mount
- Flip-Chip on upper link to maintain geometry in 29” and 27.5+ configurations
- Integrated Headset
- Internal carbon tubes ensure precise and hassle-free routing of derailleur and seat post cables
- Radial contact bearings maximize stiffness
- Removable front derailleur mount for maximum drivetrain compatibility
- Sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL (XXL carbon-only)
- Threaded Bottom Bracket
- Shock: Fox Float Performance DPS
- Suspension System: VPPTM
- Front Derailleur: Direct to Frame
- Headset/Headtube: Integrated (IS41/52)
- Seat Post: 31.6mm
- Eye to Eye length: 7.25in
- Stroke: 1.75in
- Fork Compatibility: 120mm, 130mm
- BB Shell: Standard
- Max Tire Size: 3.0"
- Water Bottle Mounts: One, inside main triangle